PARCC & AIR Testing Update
I would like to take a few minutes to update everyone on the PARCC and AIR testing that will begin in mid-February.
PARCC – (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers)
- Grades 3 – 9 (for 2015, grade 10 will be added in 2016, grade 11 will be added in 2017)
- English Language Arts
AIR – (American Institute of Research) (Ohio’s state tests in Science & Social Studies)
- Science – Grades 5 and 8 and Integrated Science (for 2015)
- Biology will be added in 2016
- Social Studies – Grade 4 and 6, American History and Government
Timeframes for testing:
- Each of the above tests (PARCC and AIR) have two parts to them:
- Part 1 (PBA – Performance Based Assessment) and
- Part 2 (End of Year Assessment).
- PARCC allows districts to create their own schedule of testing, but each assessment and makeups must happen within a set window of time.
- Part 1 window is from February 16th – March 13th (PARCC)
- Part 1 window is from March 2nd – March 13th (AIR)
- Part 2 window is from April 20th – May 15th (PARCC)
- Part 2 window is from May 4th – May 15th (AIR)
- The District is currently working on the testing schedule and hopes to announce that schedule in late December.
- Each assessment (PARCC and AIR) is broken into units (subjects) which is then broken down into sections (# of portions of each unit).
Click below for PARCC/AIR Information to see the number of units and sections per grade level, as well as the time allotted for each section.